A brand-new Realme XT smartphone has exploded while being charged. The victim of the incident claims that it happened within a day of purchasing it and during the phone was charging. He also clarified that he was using the official adaptor that came in the box.
The user also claims that Realme has taken no action in this regard as of now. As per 91mobiles, (when they approached the brand regarding the same) the brand said that some force was applied to the unit, and thus the battery caught fire.
To recall, Realme launched its Realme XT smartphone in India back in September 2019. The device has been one of the popular phones in the mid-range segment because of its features and affordable price. To be noted, the phone comes with a 4,000mAh battery and a 20W VOOC 3.0 fast charger.
realme XT Explosion Incident
According to the user- Roshan Singh, the device was being charged with the bundled adapter and it still got exploded for some unknown reasons. The user claims that when he got in touch with the Realme service center, their representative said that the unit got external force just by looking at the pictures.
He then took to Twitter to share his experience with the brand and also shared the burnt unit’s pictures. The user says that then the brand approached him on Twitter, and said that it’d take action on the incident. However, no action has been taken till now, he added.
On this matter, the company says that the Realme XT unit was burst due to a heavy external force applied to it, which caused battery deformation, as reported by 91 Mobiles.
“For us, one of the key pillars is product quality. Every smartphone manufactured by Realme goes through a number of stringent quality and durability checks as customer safety is of utmost importance for us. As per our investigation, we have learnt that the smartphone was damaged due to external force. The user’s smartphone battery caught fire as the smartphone was punctured from outside,” said the Realme team in an official statement.
This is not the first incident of the smartphone explosion. There have been numerous such cases from other popular brands like Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, and even JioPhone. Every time, there is a separate reason for the blast.
The post Realme XT Exploded While Charging; Here’s What Company Says appeared first on Gadgets To Use.