For those of you who are new to crowdfunding, the Kickstarter Masterclass from Launch Studio is a whole new method of fundraising that can help you bypass the traditional pipeline. This class helps you fundraise with your target audience straight away. Whether you’re a designer trying to launch a minimal yet sophisticated product or a business trying to expand an already-existing product line, crowdfunding has its benefits for every kind of product. But trying to figure out what method works for your product is quite a task. That’s exactly where the Launch Studio Kickstarter Masterclass steps in.
This is a step-by-step course on how to launch products on Kickstarter successfully. It brings together guidance on planning, developing, running campaigns, powerful tools for applying the strategies and tactics that are covered, and a supportive community of people who are also launching campaigns.
What is Launch Studio?
Launch Studio is an education studio focused on empowering people and companies that make physical products. The two main leads behind this studio are Julio Terra, Lead Instructor & Co-Founder at Launch Studio, and the Former Head of Design & Technology Communities at Kickstarter, and Craighton Berman, designer and founder of the Manual Creative. Berman was one of the first to launch a product on Kickstarter ten years back and has worked on a dozen groundbreaking design and technology campaigns since then.
As told by Julio on their webpage,
To help creators successfully launch products using crowdfunding, we created and packaged together all the tools I wished we had during my time at Kickstarter .
Who is this course for?
This course is primarily targeted for creators who are launching products in design and technology. It could be a wall clock or a high-tech robot or anything in between, but some of the most critical points creators need to consider before signing up would be :
– They have a physical product that fits into the design or technology categories
– They are committed to investing the time and effort required to succeed
– There are functional prototypes ready at least a month before launch
What does the course consist of?
Developed with an exceptional lineup of instructors, including the first designer to ever launch a product on Kickstarter, an expert who has been called “the Crowdsourceress” by the media, and the former head of the Design & Technology Community team at Kickstarter, this course consists of several key factors.
1. Learn the basics – This segment will help you learn how crowdfunding campaigns work and how you can align your campaign with your product development. If you have multiple ideas, the course will help you pick up the best idea for Kickstarter.
2. Establish a solid foundation – This segment will help you learn how to set a clear purpose for your campaign and assess whether to work with an agency or consultant. It will also give you tools to better understand your audience and set your funding goal smartly.
3. Craft a compelling story – You’ll understand what it takes to craft a persuasive narrative and how to use compelling videos and images to bring your story to life. The Kickstarter Masterclass will also show you how to create a reward strategy that maximizes your funding potential.
4. Build effective marketing and PR campaigns – You’ll get familiar with how to create a marketing plan working back from your funding goal, how to use online advertising to build a list and drive pledges, and how to engage with media and influencers to gain exposure.
5. Run a strong funding campaign – You’ll learn how to prepare for a strong launch and how to effectively manage your live campaign. The course will also help you set your campaign duration and launch date as well as give you tips on keeping backers engaged and informed.
6. Transform your backers into advocates – You’ll understand how to maximize payment collection, select the best approach to capture fulfillment data, and keep your backers happy. The course will also explore establishing post-funding sales channels.
The curriculum includes over 35 lessons that provide detailed instructions on how to plan, develop, and run product-launch campaigns. This is coupled with more than 50 workbooks, templates, and guides.
Starting from today, the enrollment price for the course is $399. Visit launchstudio.com to learn more and to enroll. This Kickstarter Masterclass by Launch Studio can truly help you master your crowdfunding game.