If you have a lot of apps installed on your Android smartphone and all of them keep on hogging the internet speed. Most of the games these days can hog the internet and speed it down for other apps. To get full control of your internet speed, you can block internet access for specific apps using the internet in the background.
It is possible to block internet access for certain apps if you want. You can also do it specifically when using mobile data and remove restriction when on a Wifi connection. This way, these apps won’t hog your limited mobile data but function normally when you are connected to an unlimited wifi network.
There are a couple of apps that let you do that on your phone without root access. The app we are going to use here is the NetGuard firewall. It works perfectly and is completely free to use. Follow the steps below to use the NetGuard app to block the apps using your internet in the background.
Steps to Block Internet Access for Specific apps
- Download and install the NetGuard app from the GOogle play store for free and launch it from the app drawer.
- Once you agree to the terms of the app, you will see the list of all the installed apps o your phone.
- Select the app you want to block the internet access for.
- You will see the two icons beside the app name. Just tap on the Wifi icon or the data icon to block the access.
- Once you block the access for that app, the app will not be able to access the internet in the background.
This is how you can block internet access for specific android apps for your smartphone in the background. For more Android related tips and tricks, you can follow us on social media to say updated.
The post How to Block Internet Access For Specific Apps in Android appeared first on Gadgets To Use.