It’s no secret that we’re big fans of Greta Gerwig’s Little Women. Starring a host of household names including Saoirse Ronan, Timothée Chalamet, Florence Pugh, Emma Watson and Meryl Streep, the American filmmaker’s unique take on Louisa May Alcott’s cherished novel was hailed by our own David Jenkins as “one of the great modern adaptations”.
Now, to celebrate the release of Little Women on digital today, and Blu-ray and DVD on 25 May, we’re setting a new creative brief which taps into the film’s literary roots.
For this brief, we’d like you to send us an original book cover design inspired by Little Women. Your design should be illustrated, and must include the title and at least one of the stars of the film.
The overall winner, as chosen by our in-house team, will receive an exclusive prop from the movie itself – the original painting which Amy admires in her art class. This is an original work by artist Kelly Carmody, who painted several pieces for the film including the large portrait of Mr Laurence (Chris Cooper) in his house.
Two runners up will receive a copy of Little Women on Blu-ray, plus a Little Women enamel pin from Literary Emporium, a limited edition ‘Laura Dern’ t-shirt from Girls on Tops Tees, and a handwritten note from Miss Modern Calligraphy.
How to Enter
All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject line ‘Little Women creative brief’ by midday GMT on 25 May.
You can also send us your entry via Twitter or Instagram by tagging @LWLies, but be sure to email us a hi-res version of your entry as well. Please remember to include your full name so we know who to credit. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions
1. Competition open to residents of UK aged 15 years or over, with the exception of those related to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents and anyone else connected with this promotion. Proof of age may be required.
2. Entries must be received on before midday GMT on 25 May, 2020. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
3. Of the entries received before the deadline one overall winner will be selected.
4. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
5. The prize for the first winner is an original painting from the film by Kelly Carmody. The prize for the second and third winners is a Little Women gift bundle, detailed above.
6. The winner will be notified via email.
7. To obtain details of the winners please email email@example.com stating the name of the prize, and the subject line ‘Little Women creative brief’ four weeks after the closing date.
8. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the transfer of their personal data to the Promoter for the purposes of the administration of this prize draw.
9. All work must be entirely original and the entrant’s own.
10. By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter is The Church of London, 71a Leonard Street, EC2A 4QS.
The post Could you design a Little Women book cover? appeared first on Little White Lies.