The doctor appointment booking service Practo has partnered with Thyrocare to launch online booking of COVID-19 tests. The government of India and the Indian Council of Medical Research have authorized this service.Currently, it is available in Delhi, Pune, and Mumbai and there are plans to expand it to more locations.
So, let’s check out COVID-19 online test pre-requisites, steps to book the Coronavirus test and its symptoms.
COVID-19 Test Pre-requisites
Practo has listed some pre-requisites for the COVID-19 test that you need to fulfill before you make the booking:
- Valid doctor’s prescription
- Form 44 signed by a qualified physician (It includes patient’s travel history and info on whether they’ve been in contact with some suspected COVID-19 positive patient)
- Photo ID card.
How to Book Coronavirus Test Online
- First of all, open the Practo app and tap on the ‘Lab tests at home’ option.
If you do not have the app, visit the COVID-19 SARS-CoV-2 detection test website by Practo.
2. Click on the ‘Book Now’ button and fill up all of the patient’s credentials including name, phone number, address for sample collection, etc.
3. Now, select a suitable time slot for the test.
After choosing the time slot, complete the payment of Rs. 4,500 and your booking is done.
A trained lab physician will arrive at your doorstep at the chosen time slot to collect the sample. Within 48 hours, the test results will be shared with you and the government.
Here are the COVID-19 symptoms based on the current testing guidelines that one would be showing before booking the test:
- High fever,
- cough with a sore throat,
- frequent headaches,
- shortness of breath,
- respiratory illness,
- and other breathing difficulties.
You should also call the Government of India helpline number 1075 or the official state coronavirus helpline numbers for assistance, if you or someone you know, have developed COVID-19 symptoms.
The post Coronavirus Pandemic: How to Book COVID-19 Test Online in India appeared first on Gadgets To Use.