The Federal Government Has Actually Authorized A Regulation Or Executive Order To Slash The Wages Of PM, Ministers And MPs By 30 Percent To Aid In The Battle Versus The Unique Coronavirus Break Out.
All you need to know about the current updates on COVID-19 (Picture Credit: Pixabay)
Over 700 brand-new COVID-19 cases were tape-recorded in the last 24 hours in India as overall variety of coronavirus cases reached 4,281 on Monday. Far 111 clients have actually passed away while 319 people have actually recuperated from the illness. The federal government has actually authorized a regulation or executive order to slash the wages of PM, ministers and MPs by 30 per cent to assist in the battle versus the unique coronavirus break out. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and guvs have actually provided to take the 30 percent cut in wages for the coming year.
Here’s all you need to learn about the current updates on COVID-19 pandemic in India and the world:
- Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary in the Ministry of Health, at an interview stated there had actually been 704 brand-new COVID-19 cases and 30 deaths because Sunday. According to an upgraded night tally of the ministry, the overall death toll now stands at 111 and the variety of cases has actually reached 4,281
- Out of the over 4,000 cases of coronavirus, a minimum of 1,445 have actually been discovered to be connected to the Tablighi Jamaat parish in Delhi, the Union health ministry stated on Monday. The ministry’s upgraded information came a day after it stated the rate of doubling of COVID-19 cases in India sped up to 4.1 days from the perviously approximated 7.4 days due to the Jamaat event kept in Nizamuddin West last month.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, other cabinet ministers and Members of Parliament (MPs) will take a 30 percent pay cut for the coming year in a quote to combat the coronavirus pandemic. President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and guvs have actually provided to take the 30 per cent cut in wages for the coming year. The Union Cabinet likewise suspended the funds designated under MP city advancement plan (MPLADS) for 2 years which loafs Rs 7,900 crore. The quantity will be moved into the federal government’s combined fund.
- With a view to get ready for any worst-case circumstance as Indian battles to include the COVID-19 break out, the ICMR on Monday stated it is preparing a number of interventions that include scaling-up screening capability to one lakh tests/day in the coming months. The ICMR has actually authorized over 200 laboratories (both public and private) for COVID-19 screening through-PCR machines.
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Monday knocked the BJP’s IT cell for presumably spreading out phony news versus the state’s health department over COVID-19 cases and asked it to avoid ‘petty politics’ in the time of crisis. Her remarks was available in the background of BJPs IT cell chief Amit Malviya’s tweet implicating the West Bengal federal government of concealing coronavirus information. She, nevertheless, did not call the BJP or Malviya.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday asked ministries to prepare a graded strategy to open departments in non-hotspot locations. Dealing with a cabinet fulfill, the first by means of video link amidst social distancing procedures for COVID-19, PM Modi likewise asked ministers to strategise for “emergent conditions” when the lockdown ended.
- The Centre has actually declined to commit on whether the lockdown will be raised after the 21- day-period ending on April14 Suggesting that the circumstance is fluid, Union minister Prakash Javadekar today stated: “We are monitoring the world situation every minute. A decision will be taken in the national interest. A decision in this regard will be declared at the right time”.
- Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao today stated that he has actually asked for Prime Minister Narendra Modi for an extension of the lockdown – which is anticipated to continue till April 14 – arguing that there is no other choice. “We need to save lives, we can save the economy later,” the Telangana Chief Minister stated he informed the Prime Minister.
- A leading official in Uttar Pradesh federal government has actually stated that the present lockdown might not be raised on April 14 as the variety of COVID-19 cases is still increasing in the nation. “When we open the lockdown it will be after we have ensured that the state is corona free. If even one corona positive person is left, it will be very difficult to open the lockdown and that is why it may take time,” stated Awanish Awasthi, Extra Chief Secretary, Uttar Pradesh.
- New York City Guv Andrew Cuomo on Monday extended the shutdown in the state till April29 Throughout the lockdown all schools and non-essential companies will stay closed in the state. New york city state has actually been the center of America’s lethal coronavirus pandemic.
For all the current India News, Download News Country Android and iOS MobileApps
First Released: 06 Apr 2020, 11: 53: 03 PM