Looking for something to snack on while you sip on your SkinnyMint teas? Well maybe you should go buy a lotto ticket because it’s your lucky day! From hunger busting breakfasts to pre-bedtime treats, we’ve tracked down four super-delicious, easy peasy, totally healthy recipes that perfectly complement our Morning Boost and Night Cleanse teas. No chef’s training required!
Make-Ahead Fruit & Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
With juicy berries and creamy yogurt, these pre-prepared breakfast parfaits are a dream pairing with Morning Boost’s fresh, fruity Guarana, green tea and dandelion flavors.
Ingredients (1 serve) 1 teaspoon chia seeds 1/3 gluten-free rolled oats 6oz Green Yogurt 2 tablespoons milk of choice 1 cup frozen berries and fruit
- Spoon 6oz of Greek yogurt into a bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats.
- Add 1 teaspoon chia seeds and 2 tablespoons of milk (dairy or almond/rice).
- Stir it all together.
- Spoon ½ the mix into a mason jar or tall container.
- Add ½ – 1 cup of frozen fruit and berries of choice.
- Layer on remaining yogurt mixture and top with more fruit.
- Store in fridge overnight, then dig in! (These will last up to 3 days.)
Recipe source: Iowa Girl Eats.
Avocado Toast with Tomato & Basil
Smashed avo is always a popular breakfast option, but it’s even better teamed with ripe, juicy tomatoes and fresh, zingy basil. And do you know what basil tastes really great with? Green tea – one of the energising ingredients in the Morning Boost blend!
Ingredients (2 serves) 1 clove garlic 1/2 tomato 1/2 lime (or lemon) 1 tablespoon chopped basil Salt and pepper, to taste 2 slices whole-grain bread Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Toast bread to your liking
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, spoon flesh into a bowl. Squeeze in half the lemon/lime. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mash it all up with a fork.
- Dice the tomato and chop up the garlic and basil. Mix everything in a separate bowl, then drizzle with the oil.
- Spoon avo mash over the 2 pieces of toast, and top with the tomato-garlic-basil mixture. Dig in!
Recipe source: Kusaka.
Easy Raw Vegan Chocolate
After eating healthily all day, it’s sooo tempting to treat yourself with some chocolate in front of the TV. Now you can, guilt-free, with this healthy raw choc recipe! Cacao and peppermint are a match made in heaven, so these chocolate buttons taste oh so good with SkinnyMint Night Cleanse!
Ingredients ½ cup coconut nectar or honey, or stevia to taste 1 cup raw cocoa butter (chopped), or coconut oil 1 cup unsweetened cacao or cocoa powder 1 teaspoon vanilla extract To top: quinoa puffs, nuts, seeds, dried fruit, coconut
- Melt cacao butter in bowl of a double boiler
- Remove from heat, whisk in cacao powder, coconut nectar and extract until thickened
- Spoon chocolate onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, or a silicone mat. Or fill a silicone ice cube tray.
- Sprinkle toppings over chocolate.
- Pop in the fridge or freezer until completely hardened. Store finished chocolates in the fridge to enjoy whenever the urge strikes.
Recipe source: Yummy Mummy Kitchen.
What do you like to eat with your SkinnyMint teas? Tell us in the comments below!
Also check out our next article: 10 Benefits Of Drinking Tea